The Official Flag of the Holy Republic of Saturday, this is what this super quick cheesecake should be called. This is a quick to make, delicious and healthy desert. No baking required.
You will need:
- crackers (for the base)
- 100 g butter (you will mix it with the crushed crackers to make a biscuit dough)
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 250 g fresh creamy cheese
- flavourless gelatin
- half a cup of sugar
- blueberry jam
How to make the cheesecake:
- Crush the biscuits and mix well with the butter. Stick it on the bottom of a cake mold and refrigerate while you prepare the cheese.
- Mix the two types of cheese with the sugar and the gelatin (don’t use too much, just a spoon or two, to help keep the cheese rigid). Mix until the sugar has melted into the cheese.
- Add the cheese on top of the biscuit layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Anna from Froggyland suggested I added an extra layer of blueberry jam before adding the cheese. This is spectacular and you should listen to her as I did.
- Before serving spread blueberry jam on top. Be as generous or as stingy with it as you feel like.
- If you have a sweet tooth double the quantity of sugar.
- If you want the cheese cream to be softer add confectioner’s sugar.
- You can add vanilla or lemon peel to the cheese mix if you want a cheesecake with a twist.
What’s your favourite cheesecake like?