I found this beautiful perfumed green apples the other day and I bought more than I needed. Everyone in the house thought “apple pie” the moment they saw them on the counter; so I obliged. I wanted to do something new though so I tried this new recipe. It turned out great so I am sharing the how to below.
Let me know if you liked it!
You will need:
- 3 big apples
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1rsp nutmeg
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Turn your oven on so it will be well heated by the time you’ve prepared your pie.
- Grate the apples and add into a cooking pot with half the sugar, the cinnamon and nutmeg and baking powder. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes until the apples turn brownish and lose half of their liquid.
- Oil a pie mold and add the apples at the bottom of it.
- Mix the eggs, milk, egg, the rest of sugar together, then mix in the flour. Pour on top of the apples in your pie mold.
- Put in the oven and leave it bake for 20 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius or 320 Fahrenheit. After the 20 minutes have passed take your pie out and make some cuts in the crust, then put it back in the oven until the top dough is golden.
- Serve hot or cold.