I didn’t even know you could make lettuce soup until I found myself with a big bunch of curly lettuce on it’s way to waste. This is an easy, tasty, lazy soup that you can make in less than half an hour.
For 2 portions, you will need:
- half a medium onion
- a scrabble piece sized piece of butter or olive oil
- a bunch of lettuce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- a bit of salt
- a bit of pepper
- half a cup of boiled or canned chickpeas
How to cook your lettuce soup
1. First you dice the onion and you cook it in the butter until it becomes almost translucent, then add the chopped lettuce and stir until the lettuce whilts.
2. Add the chicken broth and chickpeas and boil for around 15 minutes. You could boil it more if you want your soup to puree very finely, but I am fine with it having some texture.
3. At the end add salt and pepper, or any condiments you like. Use a blender to cream your soup or eat as it is.
- You could add peppers to your soup or change the chickpeas with corn and that will change your soup a lot.
- You could also add one or two spoons of grated cheese in your plate, as your serve, or you could mix in some cream.
- You can serve this as is or with croutons. (Sometimes when I don’t have bread in the house or I feel like something different I make simple water and corn flour tortillas).
- You could also serve this with a wedge avocado on the side or chopped and added directly into the plate