- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
How to make
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and the eggs.
- Add the butter and cook over low heat, stirring continuously with a whisk, until it bubbles and the curd has become thicker, about 6-8 minutes (but trust your eyes and nose!)
Modify this recipe
If you want a finer creamy, custard, strain the lemon curd through a piece of cheesecloth of a sieve.